Photo Gallery | Restrooms get a new look at Columbia Metropolitan Airport
If you’ve been to the Columbia Metropolitan Airport lately, you may have noticed that the restrooms are getting a new look.
According to officials, the first of five sets of restrooms to be renovated have been completed. The sleek, modern facilities are energy efficient and environmentally friendly and better designed to offer more space for travelers with luggage in tow.
The complete project will upgrade all of the public restrooms (three (3) sets of men’s/women’s in the concourse and two (2) sets of each in the terminal area) to current fixtures and finishes as well as bring them into full compliance with current ADA requirements and practices.
Improvements will include:
- Improved traffic flow into the restroom areas
- Improved passenger safety and convenience
- Improvements to ventilation and lighting
- Reductions in use of water and energy in operation of the facility
- Replacement of fixtures and fittings to reduce airport maintenance costs
The scheduled completion date for this project is August 7, 2012.