SC State President's last day | News
ORANGEBURG, SC (WIS) - George Cooper is no longer President of South Carolina State University.
Friday was his last day on campus.
Cooper resigned earlier this month following a state and federal investigation into possible misconduct involving some university officials.
Two weeks before he resigned, Cooper ired eight of his high-level staffers.
As part of his resignation, Cooper received a $200,000 buyout from the University.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teen charged as adult after allegedly stealing cash register
- LCSD, LPD to host fourth annual Cops and Calabash
- Customers allowed back into Lexington County Walmart after evacuation
- Two Lexington-Richland District Five Schools Again Among Top In The Nation
- Lexington One office and schools receive awards from SC/NSPRA