Airlines announce new nonstop service to Columbia Metro | News
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - Two airlines have announced additional nonstop service to and from Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE).
Delta Air Lines has announced it
will add a second nonstop flight from CAE to and from New York/LaGuardia (LGA) beginning
July 11. The new flight will leave Columbia at 5:30 p.m. Delta has already been operating a morning departure to LGA.
United Airlines will begin new nonstop service to and from Newark, NJ (EWR) beginning September 6
with departures on Mondays and Thursdays.
Airport officials say the new nonstop flights expand the number of major markets CAE directly serves to 11.
pleased with the support of our airline partners Delta, United, American, and
US Airways in providing us with excellent access to domestic and international destinations that
are often just one stop away," said Dan Mann, CAE's Executive Director. "And, we are particularly pleased to report that our passenger boardings have shown increases for the last 7 consecutive months."
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Columbia Style Week To Be Held June 11th to 15th
- RCSD to host Skills on Wheels Basketball benefit
- South Carolina Drug Cards FREE Through SC African Chamber of Commerce
- Boil water advisory issued for Windsor Village, Waterford at Columbia and Parliament Lake
- City of Columbia to Host Small Business Week Conference