Traffic stop and chase leads to narcotics arrest | Crime
Deputies arrested an Orangeburg man on narcotics charges following a traffic stop.
According to the Orangeburg County Sheriff’s Office, officers observed 36-year-old Leonard Guinyard make two traffic violations while traveling on Legrand Smoak Street in Cordova.
Deputies say the officer turned on his blue lights and siren and could see Guinyard looking at him in his rear view mirror, but Guinyard continued driving.
At Dilligaf Road, Guinyard jumped out of the vehicle and began to run, the report stated.
When deputies caught up with Guinyard, he had a plastic bag in his hand containing eight grams of cocaine base.
Guinyard was arrested on charges of traffic/failure to stop for a blue light and two counts of drugs/manufacture, distribution, etc.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- RCSD to host Skills on Wheels Basketball benefit
- South Carolina Drug Cards FREE Through SC African Chamber of Commerce
- Boil water advisory issued for Windsor Village, Waterford at Columbia and Parliament Lake
- City of Columbia to Host Small Business Week Conference
- Unemployment rate drops to lowest in five years