Kids found in stolen vehicle after police chase | Crime
ORANGEBURG COUNTY, SC (WIS) - Sheriff's Deputies in Orangeburg County arrested a man who led them on a chase through two counties with two kids in the vehicle.
Sheriff's Deputies say an off-duty officer saw 37-year-old Herman Johnson driving a stolen car toward Bamberg County. When deputies in patrol cars tried to pull Johnson over, they say he refused to stop.
Deputies say once getting into Bamberg County, they forced Johnson to pull over. Johnson ran from the car but deputies caught up with him.
After Johnson was taken into custody, deputies noticed two kids in the vehicle. The Orangeburg County Sheriff's Department says the kids were returned to their mother.
Johnson was charged with possession of a stolen vehicle, failure to stop for blue lights, driving under suspension and an outstanding warrant from Calhoun County.
Sheriff Leroy Ravenel says Johnson is suspected in a recent string of stolen vehicle cases. He says he expects more charges to be filed against Johnson.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teen charged as adult after allegedly stealing cash register
- LCSD, LPD to host fourth annual Cops and Calabash
- Customers allowed back into Lexington County Walmart after evacuation
- Two Lexington-Richland District Five Schools Again Among Top In The Nation
- Lexington One office and schools receive awards from SC/NSPRA