S.C. Bar Young Lawyers collect formal gowns for Cinderella Project | Community Spirit
The S.C. Bar Young Lawyers Division (YLD), in conjunction with the Junior Service League of Orangeburg, is sponsoring its annual Cinderella Project, which provides gently worn formal, bridesmaid and prom dresses for young women who lack the financial resources to buy a gown for their high school prom.
Clean dresses in all sizes, as well as evening bags, jewelry and other accessories, are needed. Donations can be dropped off at any of the following Orangeburg locations:
- Avinger Law Firm, 8829 Old Number Six Hwy., Santee 29142
- Claflin University Counseling Center, 400 Magnolia St., Office 111, 29115
- Jeffries Law Firm, 1031 Middleton St., 29116
- Orangeburg County Chamber of Commerce, 155 Riverside Dr., 29116
- The Regional Medical Center Canteen, 3000 St. Matthews Rd., 29118
A boutique will be held on Saturday, Feb. 23, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the St. Andrews United Methodist Church Family Life Center (1980 Columbia Rd., 29118) to give the girls an opportunity to “shop” for dresses at no cost. Girls from all area schools are invited to attend and must bring their student IDs.
The YLD includes all members of the S.C. Bar under age 36 and those with less than five years membership.
The South Carolina Bar, which has a membership of more than 14,000 lawyers, is dedicated to advancing justice, professionalism and understanding of the law.